Intern – Research & Early Development (Irvine, CA)
Part time or Full Time, starting date: March 2023
About the Role
We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented, and diligent interns to join our Research & Early Development division at Amberstone Biosciences Inc. Our division focuses on the in vitro & in vivo
evaluation and characterization of our “T-MATE” therapeutic leads for immune modulation. The successful candidate will work directly under the supervision of an experienced scientist, Dr. Zhou. The main duties will involve mammalian cell culture using aseptic techniques, flow cytometry and supporting in vivo mouse studies.
- (Ongoing) education in Immunology, Cancer biology or Molecular & Cellular Biology (BS level) with a strong interest in immunotherapy, therapeutics development and working in industry; BS, MS or PhD degree is preferred
- Knowledge of general cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology and related techniques
- Hands-on experience (e.g., buffer preparations, pipetting) in wet labs; Experience with mammalian cell culture (e.g., tumor cell lines, human PBMC/T/NK cells) with aseptic techniques, experience with virus packaging and cell line engineering, and experience with molecular biology (e.g., cloning, PCR, Gibson assembly) is preferred
- Have experience working with mice, or be comfortable handling mice; Proficient with mouse handling & monitoring is preferred
- Proficient with Flow cytometry and ELISA is preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with a strong sense of responsibility and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to strictly follow protocols & SOPs, and collect/organize data
- Critical thinking, fast learning and demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Salary range is commensurate with skills and experience, plus competitive fringe benefits and generous stock options.
We offer 401(k) retirement plan, health care and dependent care FSA.
About the Company
Amberstone Biosciences Inc. is a preclinical biotherapeutic company located in Orange County, California. We generate transformative immunotherapeutic drugs, T-MATEs (Tumor Microenvironment Activated Therapeutics) that uniquely address the tumor microenvironment, therefore decreasing the systemic toxicity often seen with traditional therapies. We believe that innovation is the foundation of our successes, and that our employees are the most valuable assets. We welcome people with adventurous spirits to join us, grow with us and prosper with us.