About the Role
Amberstone Biosciences is a team of passionate scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs dedicated to developing cutting-edge microfluidic-based single cell technologies with an ambitious vision to sharply improve the success rate and efficiency of discovering next generation therapeutics.
Our engineering division is seeking a mid to senior level engineer with direct experiences in the area of biomedical engineering, specifically in droplet microfluidics design, engineering and fabrication in the context of biological assays. The candidate will report to the Director of Engineering and work with other team members in a highly team-oriented environment.
- MS or PhD degree in biomedical or mechanical engineering or related disciplines. 2+ years of industry experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge with fluid mechanics and direct experience with microfabrication, especially in making scalable microfluidics devices with PDMS and thermoplastic are required.
- Strong background in droplet microfluidics and direct experience and skills in designing and building integrated droplet-based microfluidics devices or systems is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with cell culture and the handling of fluorescent protein- or antibody- conjugates is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent ability to work with a strong focus on planned project goals.
- Excellent communication and trouble-shooting skills.
Salary range is commensurate with skills and experience, plus competitive fringe benefits and generous stock options.
We offer 401(k) retirement plan, health care and dependent care FSA.
About the Company
Amberstone Biosciences is a preclinical biotherapeutic company located in Orange County, California. We discover transformative immunotherapeutic antibodies including bispecific and multispecific molecules that uniquely address tumor microenvironment in part through developing highly innovative single-cell functional discovery platform technology. We believe that innovation is the foundation of our successes and our employees are the most valuable assets. We welcome people with adventurous spirits to join us, grow with us and prosper with us.