Position: Associate Scientist or Senior Associate Scientist (Irvine, CA)
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated, diligent, and experienced Associate Scientist or Senior Associate Scientist to join our Research & Early Development team at Amberstone Biosciences Inc. The candidate will play a key role in the evaluation of our T-MATE leads and will be responsible for executing a wide-range of biochemical and cell-based assays for lead characterization/optimization. Strong knowledge of standard immunoassays is required: this position will be 80% wet bench and will involve routine assays. The candidate will directly report to the Director of Research & Early Development.
- BS or MS in Immunology, Cancer biology, Molecular & Cellular Biology, or a related field with at least 3 years of wet-bench research experiences; industry experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record for general cellular biology techniques (flow cytometry, cell culture, ELISA) is required
- Direct experiences in mouse handling (housing, monitoring, weighting, taking temperature, measuring tumor size using a caliper among others); proven expertise in performing blood collection as well as i.p., s.c., and i.v. injections; experience in tumor inoculation for various cancer models is a plus
- Direct experience with immunoassays is preferred (T cells, NK cells and PBMCs based assays): the ideal candidate will have a background in immunology/immunotherapy
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills: the ideal candidate will thrive in highly collaborative research environment
- Caring mindset, highly motivated individual willing to work in a fast-paced environment with a variable/flexible schedule
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, and ability to deliver high quality data: the candidate should be able work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe when needed.
- Independently perform biochemical and cell-based in vitro assays: ELISA, flow cytometry, etc.
- Handle routine cell culture for various tumor cell lines and primary cell handling: PBMCs, T cells, NK cells, etc.
- Evaluate new leads through Amberstone’ proprietary TME platform (tumor cell killing, cytokine measurements, immune cell proliferation and profiling, etc.)
- 4. Perform mice studies to characterize our lead candidates in vivo and contribute to pre- IND package
- 5. Contribute to the Research & Early Development SOPs to streamline validated assays
- 6. Diligently execute assays and analyze data
- 7. Communicate well with the supervisor and the rest of the team
Salary range is commensurate with skills and experience, plus competitive fringe benefits and generous stock options.
We offer 401(k) retirement plan, health care and dependent care FSA.
About the Company
Amberstone Biosciences Inc. is a preclinical biotherapeutic company located in Orange County, California. We generate transformative immunotherapeutic drugs, T-MATEs (Tumor Microenvironment Activated Therapeutics) that uniquely address the tumor microenvironment, therefore decreasing the systemic toxicity often seen with traditional therapies. We believe that innovation is the foundation of our successes, and that our employees are the most valuable assets. We welcome people with adventurous spirits to join us, grow with us and prosper with us.